Our Lord appeared to St. Margaret Mary in Paray-le-Monial, France in several apparitions that took place between 1673 and 1675. In one of these apparitions, Jesus made at least twelve promises to her telling her how he would help those who honor His Sacred Heart. These are listed below:
The Twelve Promises of Jesus to Saint Margaret Mary for those devoted to His Sacred Heart:
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of their death.
- I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
- I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
- I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
- The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
Aren't these promises incredible? Don't they sound like what our families need most during these troubled times? Fr. Mateo Crawley-Boevey thought so too!
"Father Mateo was a member of the Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary. His health was restored at the shrine of the apparitions of the Sacred Heart in Paray-le-Monial, France, and that is where he conceived the bold plan of conquering the world, family by family, for the Sacred Heart. Pope Saint Pius X 'commanded' him to devote his life to this work of Christian and social regeneration, and thus the Work of Enthronement of the Sacred Heart was born. Father Mateo's idea was that by entering a picture or a statue of the Sacred Heart into homes, each household member would be permeated with the love of Christ and would show it by a truly Christian family life." (information taken from www.catholictradition.org)
Devotion to the Sacred Heart is a long standing tradition in the Church. It dates back far before the apparitions to St. Margaret Mary. Devotion to the Sacred Heart is also closely tied to devotion to the Eucharist!